Sunday, July 5, 2009

What color is Sunday morning?

Today's color is LAZY.
I want to lie in bed and read, a pastime I usually want to indulge in pretty much 75 to 95% of the time. But today I think I may be productive later, so I may give myself a break now with the understanding that I will get off my duff and actually accomplish something later.

My burst of creativity was short-lived last night, as I went to bed shortly after I posted last night's blog. I did dust off my writing practice notebook this morning, and actually wrote a few lines. It had been over a month, actually just a few days before my grandmother's fall since I had last done practice. My last practice was pretty good, so I hopefully can jump back on that inspiration and ride it out of the stable of ennui. Also this morning I made some tea and was going to enjoy some solitude, but Tim woke up and Mr Dog (AKA Kruzer) jumped in bed and so that was not to be. Needless to say, the actual writing practice is yet to come, but it is going to come soon - BEFORE the nap.

Other than that, I have no hard and fast plans for the day. I want to cook something. I also want to do something about all my books that are piling up all over my house.
I checked out One Skein Wonders from the library this week so I plan on determining a small knitting project I can work on in the next two weeks during my pre-op, surgery, and post-op recovery. As my daughter says, between the books, my laptop and some yarn and sticks, I might be able to get through this without smacking the crap out of someone.

2 comments:

  1. "As my daughter says, between the books, my laptop and some yarn and sticks, I might be able to get through this without smacking the crap out of someone."

    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs about the operation. Thanks for visiting my block. I have to look up who Dorothy Day is..

    I'll say pray for you... get plenty of rest too... Betty Ann (hugs)

    ReplyDelete