Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Testing the bounds of good taste AND my patience... is fun, apparently.

Today was one of those days.

I was lulled into a sense of complacency because I went in to work, and was crazy-productive the first part of the day. I then decided to walk around the block (I work in downtown Frankfort) to eat some lunch by myself at the Lebanese restaurant (very good place), and as soon as I got there, my cell phone rang. My doctor's office was calling me to tell me to come in early because my doctor had an emergency surgery going to take place when my appointment was originally scheduled. So I walked back to work, packed up all my stuff, files and laptop, and got on the road to Winchester (a couple of counties over). When I got there (about an hour) the office staff told me that he had already left to do the surgery. They told me I would have to come back tomorrow and have my pre-op appointment then. I was upset because I wish they had just rescheduled me over the phone, and not made me make the hour trip there.

So I went to meet my mom at a local Mexican place, had a margarita, and then went to Goodwill and looked at junk for a while. Then I went to a friend's house and ran an errand with her, and then came home. SInce I've been home, it's been just like the old days when I came home to an alcoholic. Is he drinking again? Who knows? But I am not going to live like that ever again. Especially not now, when I have so much other stuff crashing down around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment