Saturday, July 25, 2009

#19 Blogathon 2009


Why the Not Right Writer? A 6:00pm Eastern navel gaze.

When I was younger, I thought I wanted to be right. I was wrong.
Being right was a temporary thing. Wait long enough and something will change. So now I embrace my not-rightness.

And it comes from several different places. The first is a reflection of my politics; I'm not right wing anything, I do not believe. I wouldn't know how to be. Life has made me this way, and I do not choose to discuss politics here or anywhere else.

The second reason is a colloquialism that some coworkers used to use. As in whenever I made an evil or brash comment the reply was, "You are not right." I took this as a compliment. Maybe it was not meant that way. I choose to believe that my wittiness was just too titillating for them.

The third reason I am not right is simply because I refuse to call myself an expert on any level, because I feel knowledge is not finite. As soon as I think I know something, I realize just what I don't know.

And finally, I want to be a writer when I grow up. Someday.

However, my concern is that when I grow up I will cease to be not right, and may just become right. That would kind of horrify me.

____________________________________________________

I am blogging for the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance through Blogathon 2009. Please show some love and donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment