Saturday, July 25, 2009

#25 Blogathon 2009

Healing Through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear, and Despair

This is a book that I have been using for a while, reading at random, not cover to cover.
It explodes some ideas of coping with depression, and while I may not agree with everything, she makes some valid points. If you are planning on using it, keep in mind it is written from a Buddhist perspective. I still feel it is very valid for people of all faiths.

I think it is important to become educated about any illness we live with. For some people that may be depression or diabetes or lupus or fibromyalgia or hypertension. Whatever the case may be, I feel we need to be educated and knowledgeable about how to live, survive or even thrive with conditions.

(Here I am gifting you with the absence of my soapbox views on health care. I will try to leave this out of this blogathon. But I make no promises about the future. )

This also includes being able to look at what works for you. What floats my boat may not float yours. But if we don't communicate with each other, we miss out on what could help each of us.

(I am also temporarily gifting you with the absence of my rants on disability rights. But these are going to come up later, so consider yourself forewarned.)

So look out in your world, find what works for you. And don't be selfish, share it with your depressed soul sistas and brothers. You won't regret it.

For more awesome resources on coping with depression:

Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance

They are doing an awesome job. Support them in honor of this blog at Blogathon 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment