Thursday, March 5, 2009

Making the effort

Today I did one right thing. I met a friend for coffee. She is a good person, a real friend, a person who is genuine and open-minded and trustworthy - basically a rarity in my world. And basically way too good for an isolator like me. Talking with her made me realize how much I'd missed her. And how out of touch I am with myself and the social/human part of myself. This would be something I would talk over with my sponsor if I weren't *still* isolating. I could not even connect correctly today because I took some anti-anxiety med last night (Vistaril? - supposed to be better for me than Xanax, according to the wet-behind-the ears-quack!) but it has wrung every bit of energy and desire to exert effort out of my body and soul. On this medication I can see my soul seeping out of the soles of my feet and me flushing the sewer. Xanax was never this hateful.

Oh, and I returned my overdue library books. So much for civic pride.

1 comment:

  1. You are sweet but you are wrong. We definitely deserve each other, and I choose to take that as a positive rather than a negative.

    Love ya toodles.

    Oh yeah, I've taken vistaril, it is the devil.

    ReplyDelete