Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day one of reclaiming my life... it's going to be a long trip

Today was the first day I did not take my meds. And I mean, I did not take any of them. I am kind of over all of them, to be quite frank.

I took a long hot bath, because I suspect that I am having a fibro flare in spite of - or in addition to - everything else. Midmorning I drank a cup of milk and became violently sick to my stomach again, making me wonder if I am not lactose intolerant. So tonight at the grocery I opted for lactose-free milk. We'll see if that makes a difference.

I still needed a 3 hour nap to make it through the day, but I did feel better overall. So I think I may be on the right track. Hopefully I will just continue to improve in the coming days and get these medications that this wet-behind-the-ears-young-quack introduced to my system. Maybe someday my pleas will be heard by the state Medicaid system and people will be allowed to see their family doctors who have experience treating them and knowledge treating them so less mistakes are made. And people will not need to suffer like I have.

Maybe someday the poor will have a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment