Friday, February 5, 2010

Morning Meditation upon Gratitude

Hey HP,
Thanks for the note about taking care of my problems today. I needed that reminder. In fact, I seem to need it everyday. Think I should print it out so I can see it on the bathroom mirror? I thought so.
Thanks for a night of sleep. I appreciated getting to lay this broken shell down for a few hours.
Thank you also for the 1 1/2 hours of quiet I have had this morning. It has helped alot.
Thank you for a job that is flexible about when I go into work in the mornings. On mornings when I have pain, it takes me longer and being accommodated in that way helps me stay sane!
Thank you for my sweet little daughter. Thank you for her love and her positive energy, and the message you send to me daily through her: that as long as I try to do my best, I can be forgiven for the times I am irritable or unreasonable.
Thank you for the teenager. Thank you for showing me my shortcomings in the mirror that is her eyes. I place her in your care, because I am inadequate to handle her anymore.
Thank you for being there when I am talking and when I am giving you the silent treatment.
Thank you for being patient with my stupidity as I muck around and try to figure things out for myself.
Thank you for laughing gently and being indulgent with me as I figured out that all I have to be is willing. And thank you for accepting my willingness, no matter how long it took.
Thank you for the roof over my head, the food we have, and the friends I have in this world. Please keep taking care of them, You do so much better than I ever can or could.
Thank you for the readings you have given me, and the program that you led me to.
Thank you for saving my life when I was trying to waste it.
Thank you for giving me life when I didn't deserve or appreciate it.
Thank you for giving me an open mind and respect for all your people.
Thank you for being there.
Love,
Terre
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment