Sunday, May 24, 2009

What I am is what I am is what I am is what?

Today I spent some time with a friend whom I haven't been able to hang with a long time, and it was awesome. It is great to spend time with people that you don't have to be someone else for. People who think you are okay no matter what, no matter where you work, what you make in salary, no matter how crazy you are. And if they can appreciate your craziness, all the better.

So I am working on a new poem of sorts, loosely based on the ideas concerning spirituality and philosophy and my own personal neuroses. It is quite humorous and edgy, if I do say so myself. And for now, that will have to satisfy as I am the only one who has read it!

I was invited to a party tonight and I am toying with the idea of going. It is usually not my scene as it takes alot of mental energy for me to survive such scenes. I am thinking there may be some cool people there I like, but I am not sure that I am up to exerting control over my social weirdness and social phobia. I know it is wrong, and I know I need to stop isolating, but I really want to lie in bed and read. I want to work on my writing - maybe - today has not been overwhelmingly creative for me, so I am not sure I actually would work on writing, but there is the idea of it, at least.

Oh and I made Tim cut my hair. Here it is - before I washed it and the little itchy shorn strands from my person:

It still cries out for a semi-creative type to even up the bushy backsides of it. But what do you want for nothing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment