Monday, May 18, 2009

Getting my life back

Today I went back to my original job, and worked. It felt very wonderful and weird to only have to work one job, and to be in a place where I can actually get something done because I have the room, the tools and the time to complete my tasks. It also was great to work with people I actually can rely on to support my work, and that are pleasant and working hard themselves. I have learned that I took all this for granted earlier. And it is very important that I not ever take this for granted again.

I got things done. I was able to prioritize my own tasks and given the time to do them, so things actually got done.

This may seem insane, but it was just nice to work in an efficient and supportive place. I have missed it.

Now, I am taking the next day or so to spend some time writing and working on a plan to get my work out to some publishers. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

I am very grateful today!

2 comments:

  1. Come over and take a look at the Writer's Market. We'll get you a good submission and query packet going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. Your posts now seem full of life and positive. Positive in that you have taken charge. Every step involves some kind of struggle, so celebrate when you have overcome some obstacle. I think you have earned the right to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete