Monday, September 7, 2009

Burning Up!

Today I am afire with the positive feedback I have been getting from the Universe today. I continue to put the principles I have learned from many sources together, and I am amazed and happy with the results!
Today's affirmation:

I love and am loved unconditionally and eternally.

I hope this helps you through your day like it helped me throughout mine.

Today was a field test for my healing new habits. I woke up in a fairly good mood and greeted my dog, Kruzer, a lab mix mutt, who always wants to give me love and affection in the mornings. I took him out for a moment, and then we came back in and he got a treat. Since I was not scheduled to work today, I got back in bed, snuggled and kissed a sleeping St Timothy, and started reading The Watchmen (the graphic novel I am currently reading). It was getting better and better and I am so pleased that I cannot predict what is going to happen next. But the phone rang and the client appointment that I was supposed to have at 6PM was moved to "as soon as I can possibly physically get there." I got up and took a shower and got ready to leave. St Timothy tried to fix the tire that went flat on Friday, but he was unable to do so. So I called my boss, who lent me his car to go get our client. Then I took care of that appointment and was able to have a good, positive meeting with my client and her family. I was able to provide them with some ideas and family counseling that I think may really help them. Everyone was much happier after I left. I went to return my boss's car to him, and my friend told me she would lend me the money to replace the tire until Friday, when I get paid. So we dropped my car off, and she even took me to lunch. I ran some work errands with her afterwards, and we had a good time and got things done, and we were both happier for it.

Tonight I was going to an Al-Anon meeting, but ending up staying home to cook supper instead. In the oven I have roast chicken, and I am making garlic lima beans and fettuccine to go with it. I love to cook, and I especially love to get creative and make something new and tasty out of seemingly disparate ingredients. I love surprising people. It makes me very happy to feed people who are hungry and enjoy eating.

So I was not perfectly positive all day, BUT I continually redirected myself to look at positive feelings and dwell on feeling good. Like Rhonda Byrne says in The Secret, "Feel good." I even followed Louise Hays' teaching and SMILED at myself in the mirror, instead of what I have done in the past, scowling and grabbing my stomach roughly as I criticized myself. Today I smiled, and I thought I AM LOVED AND I LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY AND ETERNALLY. I reminded myself that LOVE is ENERGY.

So, my journey continues. Thank you for being a part of it. Thank you for coming along. Feel Good. Because YOU are LOVED.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wearing a Big Smile. I am sending you MORE Humane Love.. :) ...... You choose to be HAPPY and Good energy followed you; even when your plan changed and their were obstacles to overcome..

    I do know the HALT thing too.. when I'm Hungry Angry Lonely Tired.. to self-care too..which is a good thing to recharge...

    I loved this post............ it is good to be positive; because positivity brings more positive feelings..

    And sounds like you have a very good job of helping others learn to improve and help themselves so they can pass that on to others; and to their children and stop the bad cycle of family passing on more Sad Things.

    Thank you for taking the time to write this.

    bettyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second everything Ms Hen said. The change and GROWTH is very apparent. You did not let the circumstances steal your joy and that is definitely growth. And, the most important point is that YOU did the work to get you to this point. I feel like jumping up and down and just yelling at the top of my voice I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete