Saturday, January 12, 2013

Strength in Numbers

Today I spent the day at PenHouse Retreat Center, attending an event called "Night of the Mothers."  A friend of mine had urged me since September to take part, and I am so glad that I did.

We spent the day journaling, our material a retrospective of the past year (2012) and setting intentions for 2013.

I came up with some good material, and at some point I may share some of this here.

Most helpful was an idea of "Topic du Jour," where we came up with worries, concerns and joys which can fuel our writing for a month, insuring we don't get bogged down in our writing, journaling, or in my case, my blogging and journaling.  I look forward to using this technique as well.

Probably most empowering was the presence of other writers, open-minded spiritual seekers.  I enjoyed sitting and listening to the wisdom of others.

I would like to do more of that in 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment