Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: Wishes, not Resolutions

I was looking upon my New Year's post from last year - a mere 4 or 5 entries away from this one, proving I did not, as I avowed, actually blog much at all. I noticed something interesting. All my "resolutions" were written in negative language, that is, "stop doing this, I won't do that," et cetera. My messages - not hidden, but actually shouted - were not of healing but of self-hatred and denial. Words of victimhood, words of someone who was not living her life, but (barely) surviving it.

One of the gifts of 2012 was being a part of a journaling class on the Tarot, led by the luminescent Normandi Ellis. By listening I learned that words are more that just my favorite toys or tools. Words hold power, and so in choosing them I must choose well.

A word about "resolutions." Melody Beatty said, I will write down my goals "not to control, but to do my part in living my life."

So without further ado, I present my "Wish List" for 2013. Not resolutions, but wishes and soul intentions for the year ahead.

1. More time for Happiness
2. More thoughts of Abundance
3. More feelings of Abundance
4. Embracing a rich, succulent Present and Future by Letting Go/Releasing the Past which no longer serves me
5. Higher Level Awareness
6. Abundant Health
7. Balanced Sense of Responsibility
8. Love time and memory-making with my daughters
9. Gratitude
10. Meditation and Peace

2 comments:

  1. Terre,

    Glad to see you back!

    A very good list, and my best wishes for the New Year!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly like the last one. As I was reading, I thought, "what about peace with what is?"

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete