Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today

I am feeling out of sorts, and doing the next right thing does not seem to be helping.
I went to a meeting, did my reading, tried to do the meditating thing... it is still the concept of a higher power that keeps tripping me up... and now am trying to rest so I can get up and work the two 12 hour shifts this weekend overnight.
I have been with the three year old until 4:30am last night, and now looks like I will be entertaining her until I leave for work tonight at 8pm. She is very angry with me whenever I ask for a minute to myself. They all are. It is cold and miserable here, and that is why they are all even more dependent on me to entertain them, feed them, clean up after them, and basically be ever-present to all their needs.
Warming up the potato leek soup from three nights ago. This will have to do...

2 comments:

  1. The thing with the higher power always tripped me up too, so I started praying to the universe. I believe that the collected energy of the universe is greater than myself, and that because that energy includes the sentient beings of it, and if enough energy is directed toward a particular goal . . . I think that's why certain studies show prayer works.

    Just my opinion on it. Let me know if I can do anything to help ya out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to try and leave a sagacious reply, but Renee did it much better than I could have. Hugs, kiddo. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete