Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy ..... er, Holidays and Holy Days...


This is the time of year when I become rather shocked at the behavior of some "Christians" who conduct themselves as ill-mannered stormtroopers in search of a bargain, or the best parking place. Yesterday was no exception, as I spent 45 minutes in the car with a broken radio and 2 whining children (one is three, one is in the halycon of puberty) trying to make my way out of a parking lot. It was scary how people in search of presents to commemorate their baby Jesus' birthday were instead cutting each other off in traffic and blowing horns and displaying other sign language in a rather bizarre fashion. I began to wonder, did the Magi bring gold, frankincense and flying bird? Maybe so.
So here I sit, my hands hurting from knitting endless dishcloths in cotton yarn, and my Christmas spirit is about fizzled out, along with my energy and bank account. Working Christmas day will help address some of that. That's why I am planning on forgoing a family Christmas and spending the evening working my second job. And thinking about how much better it would be to have a regular gig and health insurance.
Here's the most recent dishcloth, began an hour or so ago, and will be finished before this shift is over....

1 comment:

  1. Great dish cloth... don't let the storm troopers get you down!!

    ReplyDelete