Thursday, April 30, 2009

Forcing my body to do my bidding

...will be the order of the day. I have concocted a cocktail of cold and flu medicine and vitamins and taken it to get the fever down so I won't pass out while I am getting dressed. Unfortunately, I still have not made it out of bed and the medicine has given me heartburn now... the one thing I did NOT have. My, what a sense of humor someone somewhere has!

So here is the deal. I am not aging gracefully. And I have no patience with myself when I am sick. These two things should be information enough to convince me to take better care of myself, right? Alas, I will probably just continue to push on and abuse myself, and then bitch/moan/whine when I cannot force it any longer.

I have 45 minutes before I absolutely *have* to be on the road or I will be late for work. I have been up for 2 hours now trying to force myself to get up and get dressed.

Today's thought: Step up and do what I have to do. Then be grateful that I can still do it. And come home and sleep tonight... longer than in 20 to 30 minute increments!

My advice: Eat right, eat local, and wash your hands. Alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment