Tuesday, April 15, 2008

All dressed down and nowhere to go....

The lovely thing about inaction is that it is seductive.  By this I mean it is much easier to put off til tomorrow what I should have done yesterday. Especially when it comes to housecleaning.  Whoever said today is the first day of the rest of your life was just trying to depress me.  I mean, damn.  
Life here in the seventh circle is underwhelming and mind-numbing.  I have a vast array of exciting options available to me.  I could clean the den for the eighth time in 24 hours.  I could try to get creative as I, the vegetarian cook, whip up another meal for the carnivores in my house.  Or I could get in my car and drive far, far away and not come home again.  Like the mother in The Hours, or Sylvia Plath lighting her oven...  
Now that wasn't nice.  I am consistent in that if nothing else.  I know why the praying mantis decapitates her mate after copulation and why hamsters eat their young.  They are smarter than me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment