Sunday, July 26, 2009

#44 Blogathon 2009

Well, it's 6:30 and I am finally feeling a little rough. This feeling is only intensified by any catnapping I do... I am still going to do it though.

In another post I mentioned that I love my children and they are responsible for my being on this planet. Another aspect of depression is potential for suicide. My children are, for me, the best reason I have not to harm myself. I want to stick around and see how they grow up.

When I was 20 the guy I was going to marry killed himself. I was so angry at him for many years for leaving me alone. Since that time I have know some other people who have attempted suicide, and so I have some first hand experience with it. It is not pretty, glamorous or a good way to get attention. It is serious. And it is final.

If you feel like harming yourself, please contact a trusted friend, family member, or a professional.

Consult Depression and Bipolar Support Alliancee for assistance in managing mood disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment