Sunday, July 26, 2009

#36 Blogathon 2009

Here's my 2:30am post.

I encourage you, Dear Reader, to go check out the reason for this ton of blogging, the Blogathon website. We are 151 blogs strong, and our current donations raised equal $39,594.61. I am so proud of us.

I also want to talk some about the cause I have chosen, the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance. It is a wonderful resource for those of us who are living and/or struggling with depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety. Sometimes when I cannot face anyone, not even my therapist, I can log on to their website and suddenly I don't feel so alone or hopeless.

***Speaking of which, I just took my medication. That is one of the major items on my wellness plan. I know I need medication. I know that the medication makes me feel better. And I know there is no shame in taking the medications. However, sometimes I feel bleak and don't want to feel like I have to have medications to survive. Sometimes I feel bitter that I have to take medication, so I rebel and don't take it. And then the downward spiral begins; my mood starts to darken, and then I don't feel like taking care of myself at all, and miss more medication. It becomes more and more an issue. Finally I relent and go back on the meds, only to realize that it will be at least 2 to 3 weeks before my blood levels are up enough again to realize a difference.
Taking my meds is a major prevention item on my wellness plan. You can create your own wellness plan at the Facing Us website.

No comments:

Post a Comment