Sunday, November 30, 2008

Settling in for winter... or, Why My Fireplace is Keeping Me Sane


Here is a photo of yours truly in front of the fireplace in the house. (Okay, it is a picture of the fire; I look too rough after a hideous day and my image is so negative that a negative could not take it!)
There is something to be said for being able to sit in front of the fireplace and be warm while one ponders on the farce (or tragedy, pick a day) that is life.

So nothing new in the land of the not-right writer. I am barely writing, but I am still not right. And still knitting and still hanging by a thread sanity-wise.
I am working as a substitute counselor in a youth residential program. It is not a bad job, but no hours are guaranteed so it could be better.
The kids are still doing fairly well in our homeschooling venture.
Tim remains out of work, coming up on 2 months.
I have been reading lots of stuff! Most recently Charlaine Harris (Lily Bard and Harper Connelly series) and Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.
All has been enjoyable, and we all know if I am reading something good then I am still holding on to sanity with white knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment